Why Local First?
Communities thrive when neighbors buy from locally-owned businesses, those businesses invest in their neighbors as customers and employees, and everyone develops sustainable lifestyles that engage and enhance their physical environment.
Why Local First? Because Local First:
- Engages. It creates and deepens relationships within a community, which becomes more vibrant through collaboration and mutual investment.
- Humanizes. Physical and economic development occur on a scale that nurtures people and encourages beauty in natural and manmade environments.
- Preserves. When more citizens are genuine stakeholders, protecting local economic and environmental value is of mutual interest.
- Strengthens. When citizens and local businesses work together, it catalyzes positive development and the community has structural integrity to withstand economic downturns.
- Invests. Sustainable local economies and ecosystems grow into markets that are greater than the sum of their parts.
- Encourages. Intimate connections between customers and businesses facilitate innovation, interaction, and discovery, making for a more vibrant and resilient local economy.
- Enriches. Reinvesting success in customers, employees, and the local environment makes the entire community wealthier.