As the owner or manager of a small business, you know who, what, where, how, and why you exist better than anyone else. You understand the history and possess the vision – and realize the importance of sales and marketing to attract new and keep existing customers. But you also have a budget. Hiring an ad agency or marketing firm can be costly so to save money, you consider writing your own website content or sales brochure.
But, wait! Have you considered hiring a local freelance writer? Here are five great reasons why you should.
- Professional copywriters write copy that gets results! Your goal is to make sales, right? An experienced marketing writer knows how to use words to attract, persuade and influence customers. The copy will pay for itself in the sales it generates.
- Freelance copywriters specialize in compelling, sales-producing marketing communications. Whereas your specialty may be fashion retailing, real estate, or auto repair, a copywriter’s relevant degree and years of experience writing effective marketing copy are invaluable.
- Hiring a freelance copywriter frees up your time to do the things you need to do to grow your business. You’re a busy business owner and writing your own copy is probably not the best use of your time. A skilled writer helps ensure you’ll get great copy when you want it – not when you can fit it in to your own schedule.
- Establishing an ongoing relationship with a local freelance writer pays off in a variety of ways. A freelance writer is a small business owner like you. They “get it” and know firsthand what it’s like to open, operate, and flourish as a business owner in the local community. Think of the possibilities for networking and referrals. Trusted relationships are invaluable in business.
- A fresh, objective perspective by a professional writer is more likely to focus on what’s in it for the customer. Your business will benefit from a writer’s expertise in creating compelling copy in layman’s terms. A sure way to attract new customers and keep existing customers coming back!
To find a local copywriter in your area, visit the Local First member directory.
Susan Julien Larimore of SJLwriter LLC is a professional freelance writer and editor in West Michigan. She specializes in small business marketing communications including website content, sales materials, and blog writing. Learn more at sjlwriter.com